Fields Anti-Harassment Public Policy
Fields Festival is dedicated to providing a harassment-free festival experience for everyone, regardless of gender, race, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, age, or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of festival attendees in any form. Attendees violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the event, without a refund, at the discretion of the event organizers.
Harassment includes, but is not limited to:
- Verbal comments that reinforce social structures of domination (related to gender, race, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, age, or religion)
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, or intrusion of personal space
- Unwanted photography or recording
- Sustained disruption of performances or event activities
- Destruction of public or private property
- Inappropriate physical contact
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior
Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
If a participant engages in harassing behavior, event organizers retain the right to take any actions to keep the event a welcoming environment for all participants. This includes warning the offender or expulsion from the festival with no refund.
Event organizers may take action to redress anything designed to, or with the clear impact of, disrupting the event or making the environment hostile for any participants.
We expect participants to follow these rules at all event spaces. We think people should follow these rules outside event activities too!
If someone makes you or anyone else feel unsafe or unwelcome and your physical space is threatened, please first contact our security team as first responders so they can make sure that you are safe and secure.
Security members will be roaming throughout the event and can be identified by black or neon Security T-shirts. You can also call(443) 854-8753 to reach the security director.
You can then file a personal report by:
1. Calling or texting this phone number: (410) 929-6786. This phone number will be continuously monitored for the duration of the event.
2. A licensed social worker will assist in filing your report. When taking a personal report, our staff will ensure you are in a secure, private location. They may involve other event staff to ensure your report is managed properly. Once in a private location, we'll ask you to tell us about what happened. You can certainly bring a friend to support you during your report, or you can request support from one of our wellness practitioners. You won't be asked to confront anyone and we will keep all reports confidential.
3. If needed, our team will be happy to help you contact local law enforcement, local support services, provide escorts, or otherwise assist you to feel safe for the duration of the event. We value your attendance.
Phone number for security: (443) 854-8753
Phone number for social worker: (410) 929-6786
Phone number for medical: (410) 688-4470
Phone number for wellness support: (443) 608-2439
In the event of an emergency, please dial 911.